Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Interesting links for 7th Dec 2010

Background

There are different sources of information from where we get to know about various things. In this age of hi-tech gadgets and Web 2.0 the channels of communications just keep multiplying day by day. I myself use social media like Twitter and Facebook along with Orkut a lot. Twitter has overtaken my RSS feeds in Google Reader with respect to the links to various topics I am interested in.

I used Google Reader mainly to subscribe to the content of my interest. Most of the technical stuff I manage to keep track with the help of Google Reader. StackOverflow is my favourite go to site for technical issues and problems.

Although I use Delicious to store my favourite links online, still it becomes difficult to manage the flow of information. I remember reading a daily post by one of the blogger (apologize because I don’t remember his name right now) who used to put a summary of links from twitter of all the interesting posts. Off late I have not seen him blog. I am missing his links very badly.

For the benefit of my friends and for my own reference I thought of following a similar practice. I plan to put all the useful links that I came across during a day in a blog. This is the first part of that series.

Interesting links for 7th December 2010

Agile

http://www.leadingagile.com/2010/12/lean-software-systems-conference-call-for-papers-registration-open/

http://www.rallydev.com/agileblog/2010/12/is-agile-the-key-to-building-high-assurance-software/

Windows phone 7

A small but important UX improvement for ScrollViewer on the Windows Phone – Jeff Wilcox
http://www.jeff.wilcox.name/2010/12/betterscrollviewer/

Miscellaneous

Strategies for becoming better programmer – J P Boodhoo
http://blog.developwithpassion.com/2010/12/strategies-for-becoming-a-better-programmer. JP Boodhoo is the one of the guys who has some very good videos recorded on DNRTv website related to Design Patterns.

 

Conclusion

Couple of colleagues and some of the ex-colleagues have been requesting me to share the links with them for quite sometime. I think this would be a better option compared to sending an email everyday. I am planning to blog about interesting and useful links related to technologies that I am currently working on. Mostly this will involve stuff like Agile, ASP.NET MVC, WCF, DOTNET, WPF, Silverlight, ORM, JQuery, HTML 5 etc.

Until next time Happy Programming :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit Apache Spark job from Command Line to HDInsight cluster

Background This is the 3rd part of the Step by Step guide to run Apache Spark on HDInsight cluster. The first part was about provisioning t...